Assure OverDrive is a service-based product for maximizing the performance of HP Quality Center environments. Based on years of expertise with managing Mercury TestDirector and HP Quality Center, we have collected a set of best-practice optimizations and techniques which are guaranteed to dramatically increase the performance of your HP Quality Center environment.
Assure OverDrive allows you to foresee any potential problems and helps you scale your Quality Center usage for future needs.
The service comes also with a diagnostic toolkit, which helps you constantly keep track on how HP Quality Center is performing.
OverDrive is tailored to target those areas your business needs the most.
- Application Setup and Architecture assessment
- Database Server Optimization
- Application Server Optimization
- Measuring Toolkit
To get the most out of Your investment to HP Quality Center, You should ensure that it is running with optimal settings tailored to Your organizations usage needs. Most QC environments are running with default settings that are not necessarily what You need to provide a worry-free, well functioning system for their daily work.
- Quality Center is a complex software application with many functional layers
- Performance increase is achieved when all QC layers work together seamlessly
- Measuring QC performance requires special tools and expertise
- Results from measurement enable creation of performance optimization targets
- Performance optimization results in instant cost-savings in overall QA cost
- QC Overdrive can be executed as a rapid-schedule project or as ongoing maintenance
How it works?
- Document the QC environment
- Measure current performance
- Identify pain points
- Identify business critical QC functionalities
- Create an optimization plan
- Execute performance tuning
- Provide analysis results
- Follow up performance
Under the hood
Most of the performance improvement is usually achieved with Quality Center database optimization, but also the application servers can be tuned. The QC system infrastructure also plays an important part in the overall performance, as well as the usage model and how data is organized within the projects. QC Overdrive covers all of these aspects in both technical and concept -related issues.
- Overall QC infrastructure is evaluated and documented
- Bottlenecks in QC system are identified with measuring tools
- Basic database server configuration is verified
- Oracle -specific optimization for QC is executed
- Database statistics collection is implemented
- Java startup and runtime settings are tuned to eliminate waste of resources
- System performance measurement tools are left for customer use after project