Deleted is not lost
- Work the same way as you are used to in Microsoft Windows (tm)
- Deleted items are not lost, instead they are moved into a separate Folder
- You know when and who made the deletion, and you are able to restore the items!
- A safe place for deleted items - TrashBin
- Restore deleted items when you need to
- Date & time of deletion and user details are saved
- No need for costly and time-consuming restorations from database backups
- Protects your valuable data
- Prevent accidental data loss
- No more OOOPS situations!
How it works
When a user deletes an item in HP Quality Center, such as a Test Case, it will be lost forever and deleted from the Quality Center database.
Normally, the only way to get an item back to Quality Center is to restore the latest database backup; this is very time consuming and normally causes loss of data - and even might end in delays in release schedule!
With Assure TrashBin for HP Quality Center, your deleted items are protected.
When a user deletes an item in Quality Center Project, the item will be automatically moved to a special ‘TrashBin’ folder instead of being deleted from the database.
The item will be marked as deleted, and a timestamp + user name will be added to the item’s name. Deleted items under the ‘TrashBin’ folder can be restored to their original location with a simple Click of a button!
Under the Hood
Assure TrashBin for HP Quality Center is implemented as a COM object and is delivered as a .dll file to the HP Quality Center users.
The QC project’s workflow has to be modified and calls to the TrashBin COM object are inserted into the workflow.
- Test Cases
- Test Plan Folders
- Test Sets
- Test Set Folders
- Test Instances
- Business Components
- Component Folders
- Test Resources
- Test Resource Folders
- Safe folder for "deleted items"
- Instant visibility to when and by whom the deletion occurred (timestamp + username)
- Safe and controlled restoration of items if needed
- Emptying the TrashBin can be controlled (which User Group is allowed to delete items inside the TrashBin)
- Customer can customize the name of the TrashBin folder
- HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.5
- HP Application Lifecycle Management 11.0
- HP Quality Center 11.5
- HP Quality Center 11.0
- HP Quality Center 10.0 Premier & Enterprise
- HP Quality Center 9.2